Emm Labs PRE2 Preamplifier
The PRE2 embodies our recognition that the analog preamp at the heart of every music system deserves the very best treatment because it handles every sound your system makes. Built on the heritage of the famous PA6i Meitner preamp, the PRE2-SE updates Ed Meitner’s classic to take a place at the forefront of 21st century preamp performance.
Eminent recording and mastering engineer Tom Jung explains: “Ed Meitner is the only guy on the planet who has an equally good understanding of both digital and analog circuitry”.
The PRE2 features six analog inputs, a recording loop, infrared remote control, multichannel ganging and, most importantly, stunning transparency. Due, in no small part, to the extraordinarily sophisticated contactless switching system, discrete circuitry, and the (proprietary) volume control.
Limited quantities may be available.
- Two XLR inputs, four RCA inputs, and one RCA Recording Loop
- 100% contactless, discrete, signal paths
- Clean Class-A power to drive cables and loads without degradation
- Proprietary software-based analog volume control
- Exclusive composite laminate circuit boards
- Multifunction infrared remote control
- Flexible LCD status and control display
- Serial port for wired remote control
- Daisy-chain expansion for multi-channel use
- Aero aluminum machined chassis
- CE compliant
- Stereo Audio Outputs:
Balanced on XLR
Unbalanced on RCA